Nothing is fair. Understanding this will set you free from regret and resentment. Why? Because what seems fair for you may not be seen as fair for someone else. ⚖️
Look at our careers. What you bring to the table in your business or job will be seen differently by each individual. 🤔
The same goes for punishment. Why do you think the judges and juries make widely different decisions in sentencing people for offenses? We all have our own biases and perceptions. That’s why a person with a conviction of a violent crime can have a fine while a person convicted of a non-violent crime can go to prison. Us humans, with all our flaws, operate in shades of gray. 🙈
We can only do our best to see the big picture and understand all parties involved in an issue. Hopefully, everyone involved can find the fairest agreement possible – not 100% fair but fairest possible, which involves compromise. If people lie, have shaky reasoning, or have extreme biases, they have to live with it. People will eventually avoid them. Whatever the outcome, you must do all you can to accept it as it is. Whatever is done, is done. Even if the outcome is lopsided, for the sake of your inner peace, you must accept it. If you don’t, you’ll be haunted by regret and/or resentment that will eat away your soul. 😱
My friends, if you’re going through challenging issues, I sincerely wish you inner peace. It’ll be tough at first, but you’ll eventually smile, and then over time, you’ll feel bits and pieces of happiness. Keep going until you’re fully lit from the inside out with positive energy! 👊
Positive Masters is an e-commerce store at www.positivemasters.com that provides lifestyle practices, creative writing, apparel, accessories, and fashion to boost your happiness and counter any stress, anxiety, sadness or anger you may be facing. We offer free shipping for purchases of $50 or more! 🛍️
Category Archives: Peace
Being positive is way cooler than being negative! Your daily acts of kindness can put a smile on a person’s face, even motivate others to live a happier life! In contrast, negative people drain your energy with their anger, impatience, pessimism, complaints, and tantrums. When you maintain peace within yourself, you can handle challenging situations in a calmer manner. Only when everyone is at peace with oneself will we attain world peace. Leave a positive legacy filled with love, compassion, and empathy for the younger generations to follow! 😃🙌
Here’s our Plus Sign Logo Unisex T-Shirt, available at www.positivemasters.com!!! The plus sign design on the t-shirt represents your positive lifestyle. It also represents adding up your daily wins such as your small goals for the day, wonderful interactions with others, simple pleasures, and time with your loved ones! ❤
Positive Masters is an e-commerce store that provides lifestyle practices, creative writing, apparel, accessories, and fashion to boost your happiness and counter any stress, anxiety, or sadness you may be facing. We offer free shipping for purchases of $50 or more! 👕
You can see what’s in my head.
I’m still alive.
It’s just my feelings that are dead.
– Jon Riki Karamatsu, Poem, 9/28/19 – ✒
We all go through sadness. All of us also face our worries. But have you ever felt nothing? ❔
For me, whenever I feel sad or worried, I embrace these feelings because they’re so pure. You feel them because you care about someone or some important issue. A lot of my best work are fueled by these feelings because they motivate me. 😊
However, there have been a few times in my life where I felt nothing. It’s like you feel numb to anything. That’s the worse place to be in. There’s no energy to push you forward. Fortunately, I’ve developed 71 practices thus far that I use to prevent myself from falling that deep into darkness. If I do fall, I’m able to snap out of it because of these practices. I wrote about a number of my positive practices in my personal blog at http://www.jonriki.com and at Positive Masters’ blog at http://www.positivemasters.com. If they can help you, I would be super happy. ❤
Part 3 of 3: Live the middle way. From the middle, you can see the light in every dark situation.
From the middle, you can see the connection between dark and light because from the middle, you can see everything, dark, light, and all the shades in-between. If you can see the light when you’re in darkness, even a glimmer, then you can be grateful in your darkest moments.
In fact, the more you practice being in the middle, you’ll be able to expand your gratitude practice because you can always see the good (light) in all your bad (dark) situations. This is definitely a super power to have! Here are my 10 examples of how suffering can expand your gratitude practice despite a challenging experience:
1. When a loved one dies, you’re grateful for the time you had with that person.
2. When your romantic relationship falls apart, you’re grateful to have had the opportunity to experience romance.
3. When you fail at a goal, you’re grateful for the lessons you learned from the failure.
4. When you face financial hardship, you’re grateful for every little thing you have that helps you get by.
5. When you provide value for others but get attacked by opposition or critics, you’re grateful for your ability to create value for others and evolve.
6. When facts in litigation aren’t believed by the trier of fact where you face fines, jail, and/or unfavorable rulings you’re grateful that you had the opportunity to tell what happened.
7. When you can no longer drive a vehicle, you’re grateful for public transportation and private sector transportation programs.
8. When your health declines, you’re grateful for still being alive and having what abilities you still have.
9. When you’re wronged by people, you’re grateful for all the positive people in your life.
10. When your life appears to be in turmoil, you’re grateful that you were born to even have a shot at life.
Positive Masters is an e-commerce store at www.positivemasters.com, which provides lifestyle practices, creative writing, apparel, accessories, and fashion to boost your happiness and counter any stress, anxiety, or sadness you may be facing. We offer free shipping for purchases of $50 or more!
[I wrote the following article at www.positivemasters.com, an e-commerce store that provides lifestyle practices, creative writing, books, apparel, accessories, and fashion to boost your happiness and crush your anxiety and depression.]
Sleep is very important to having a positive mindset and healthy body. Health professionals recommend adults to sleep 7 to 9 hours, although some people may need as few as 6 hours or as many as 10 hours of sleep each day. If you’re a teenager (ages 14-17), you need about 8-10 hours of sleep each day. Children need more hours of rest, and much more is needed for babies.
I aim to have at least 7 hours of sleep every night, however, I have to admit that I’m not consistent on this. I’ve succeeded 85 times and today, July 10, 2019 is the 170th day of the year. After working during the day, I often return home and continue working late at night and into the early morning, even until the light of dawn when I’m in the zone. As of last night, July 9, 2019, I’ve made a greater commitment to achieving more restful nights of sleep.
Here’s 5 benefits a good night’s sleep has on your mind and body:
1. Reduces Your Stress and Anxiety. With a lack of rest, your mind and body goes into a state of stress, which causes high blood pressure and a higher production of stress hormones. High blood pressure increases your risk for heart attack and stroke. Increased stress hormones raises the level of inflammation in your body, causing a greater risk for heart-related conditions, as well as cancer and diabetes. Having a good sleep will prevent you from going into this state of stress. Also, ever notice how much more stressed out and anxious you are when you don’t sleep enough? With a full rest, you’re better at attacking your challenges!
2. Makes Your Mind Alert. A good night’s sleep makes you more energetic and alert. When you’re tired, it’s hard to focus on your tasks, especially where a lot of thinking is involved.
3. Improves Your Memory. Sleep plays an important role in a process called memory consolidation. During sleep, your brain is processing your day, making connections between events, sensory input, feelings, and memories.
4. Reduces Your Depression. Sleep affects many of the chemicals in your body, including serotonin. People with serotonin deficiencies are more likely to suffer from depression. Keep your serotonin and other happy chemicals up by going to bed early enough to get those restful hours.
5. Repairs Your Body. Sleep is a time when your body is working hard to repair damage caused by stress, ultraviolet rays, and other harmful exposure. Your cells produce more protein while you’re sleeping. These protein molecules form the building blocks for cells, allowing them to repair the damage.
So do your best to get some deep sleep and the next morning you’ll be ready to crush your day!